Sunday, February 24, 2013

What to Wear: Philanthropy

I don't see it as a coincidence that I am a Delta Zeta; it was more of fate (not to sound corny, anyone in a sorority knows that they are where they belong). But, our philanthropy is supporting children with speech and hearing impairments. Fun fact: I have been diagnosed with a hearing impairment since age two. So, I really take Delta Zeta's philanthropy to heart.

Today, we are having an event with Build-a-Bear where my sisters and I are making bears and adding plush hearing aids to them. I know that when I was advised to get a hearing aid in elementary school I was freaked out and said no!! It's important for kids to know that it's not a huge deal and that they deserve the same opportunities as everyone else!

Dressing for events like this sounds easy, just throw on letters and go! But, pictures will be taken (maybe you'll be seen in next years recruitment video) and you will want to look your best, even in letters.

What to Wear: Philanthropy

I always start with dark denim and either flats or boots, depending on the weather. Tory Burch and Steve Madden are some of my favorite shoe options! My favorite letters are on American Apparel v-neck shirts, one size too big for the comfort level. Feeling too casual in just a t-shirt (or maybe it's a little chilly), throw on a blazer, a cross body bag, and a scarf and look polished and perfect for any philanthropy event!!


xoxo,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment