Thursday, February 7, 2013

Gym: C25k

I have never been able to keep resolutions for very long. However, it has taken me about a month to stay true to the "I'm going to go to the gym more" new years resolution. I've learned that the ONLY way I will go to the gym is if I put it in my google calendar and planner. You need to be accountable for going to the gym just as you would be accountable going to class. From this, I have set aside four days per week to go to the gym.

Going to the gym is just my yearly new years goal, but it will help check some things off my bucket list! I have never ever been an athlete. Really, I was a swimmer and then a dancer. Running has never been my "thing"; my family actually makes fun of me when I try to run. So, this has brought me to wanting to run a 5k. In grade school and middle school we had to run a mile in gym, this was the extent of my running. But now, I am determined to run a 5k!!

In the beginning of February, I downloaded the C25k app (couch to 5k). I mean, if there were ever a program to get me running, that would be the one. In the past week it has actually been working! Now I just need to keep up with it for the next seven weeks. My best friend is the biggest motivator since she is doing it as well. It really is so much easier to go to the gym when someone else is motivating you to.

Gym: C25k


So here is a typical gym outfit for me. You always have to look good, even when it's at the gym and you don't think you could ever look cute. (Attention: cute guys like to work out and will most definitely be at the gym). You can never go wrong in a nice pair of yoga pants. I get mine from Nike or Old Navy has comparable and affordable options! Being curvy, I do not think that shorts are the most flattering, no matter how many pairs of monogramed norts I buy. Yoga pants or the capris are the best option for staying comfortable and looking good. 

Accessories are a must at the gym. Essentials include: your iPhone (or iPod), a cute water bottle (I am obsessed with the Lilly tumbler or my monogramed sorority tumbler), and a hat (you never know when you want to hide your hair while still looking presentable and preppy). I tend to throw everything in my Longchamp including some chapstick, which you should never be without. And please do not fret about makeup! I know leaving the house without it can be scary and I do not recommend heavy eye make up for the gym. However, BareMinerals is light and gives a completely natural look. I mean, I go to the gym to feel better and to stay healthy all while still looking presentable and polished.


xoxo,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment