Monday, February 4, 2013

Denim for Curves

Denim for Days

It's not a secret that women have curves and need to buy jeans accordingly. I was blessed with voluptuous curves that have resulted in my shirt size to be a 2/4 and my jeans size to be closer to a 6/8. Because of this, it can be hard to find the perfect pair of jeans! And let's face it, I live in jeans.

One of the biggest challenges I face is finding jeans that don't gap at the butt. To eliminate the gapping, the stereotypical "mom" jeans work the best. However, not all higher waisted jeans are "mom" jeans! I promise you are allowed to buy higher waisted jeans and still look young. Another problem is finding jeans to compliment curves! If you're going for a super skinny jean,  find a pair that are a little more high waisted. I have found straight leg jeans to be the most flattering and versatile!

I also find difficulty finding affordable jeans that actually fit! Jeans are one of my style staples and I have gotten to the point where I can justify spending more money on a pair of jeans that I know will be worn many times. Jeans are just something you can effortlessly throw on with a button down and jeans before heading to class, or a fabulous silk top, bauble necklace, and heels and be ready for cocktail hour.

These are my four favorite pair of jeans! J Brand jeans have always been my favorite from middle school. I have never had a jean hold up for so long without ripping or falling apart. You can never go wrong with Hudson. Even the detail on the pockets are adorable with the British flag! Charlotte Russe has great affordable jeans that are so skinny, comfortable, and durable that are perfect for tucking into boots. Lastly, Talbots has great jeans! I know a lot of people in their 20's and even 30's think of Talbots as "too old," but when I have found some great fits! The heritage is higher waisted and is very figure flattering. They have also recently come out with a curvy fit!! Since Talbots has a petite and missy section, it is so easy to find the right fit and length to be most flattering. It's all about the fit.

2. Hudson
4. Talbots

xoxo,
Molly


No comments:

Post a Comment