Sunday, February 10, 2013

Go Red

With February being "Go Red for Women" for heart disease (the number one killer for women) and Valentine's Day in the middle of the month (this week, eek!!) it can be hard to fit reds and pinks into a winter wardrobe! During the winter I strictly stick to black and neutrals, which is odd since I only wear bright colors and Lilly during the summer. However, today I have decided to embrace color in small ways. If retail stores can start selling their spring line, then I can start wearing brighter colors!

Another perk of wearing red, Macy's will give you 20% off of your purchase! I recently bought brown riding boots and surprisingly got 20% off for wearing a red vest! I took this as a sign the I need to start breaking out the pinks and reds, even if it's just in accessories.

go red

Nail polish is the easiest way to add a pop of color to any outfit!! OPI has always been my favorite with the quirky polish names! Today I have on The Trill of Brazil; yesterday was You're a Pisa Work. The best part about nail polish, it can be changed daily!! And I know I always feel better after a mani/pedi. Just like nail polish, jewelry is a versatile statement that goes great with black!! Before you leave the house, throw on some red and gold bangles or a statement necklace with that great LBD and some red lipstick and you'll be ready to go for any occasion in February. 

Last but not least, let's talk about monograms. I can never pass up a good monogram and C. Wonder has become my latest obsession since the grand opening in King of Prussia. Everything is so perfect, polished, and preppy that I just can't say no!! This clutch is the perfect size, a great pop of color, and since it's only one letter you can make it your first or last name! It's just too perfect to pass up this month. Go Red!!


xoxo,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment