Tuesday, March 12, 2013

5 easy ways to relieve stress

With finals right around the corner and so many papers, projects and presentations coming up I feel like all I do is complain. My roommates are probably fed up with me talking about my work load. But, I am trying to find the little things in life and not to sweat the small stuff (this is a really hard concept for me since I am very type-a). 

There are no "quick fixes" to stress, because the stressor is probably still there. However, it can be helpful to take breaks and find some ways to relieve stress other than complaining. Here are five easy ways to relieve stress that you can do at home:

5 easy was to relieve stress

1) Make a cup of coffee or tea | I am quite partial to coffee, but a cup of peppermint tea will always do the trick! Just sitting on the couch watching television or reading a book for about thirty minutes. Take that half hour to unwind and regroup.

2) Indulge in something sweet | Let's be honest, I love cupcakes. Except I cut the bottom off of cupcakes and put it on the top to make it a cupcake sandwich. Sometimes I really just need a kick of sugar to enjoy and to put me back to work.

3) Paint your nails | I have acrylic nails, so I don't paint my nails myself a lot. But, when I do it's just a nice feeling to have perfect, fun nails! Pinks are always my favorite, especially for the spring and summer.

4) Make a to-do list | I am OBSESSED with to-do lists. I have a different list for each class, for work, for life, and a master to-do list for everything. It's a little Type A obsessive, but it does help to plan out work for the week and make sure that everything is getting accomplished on time.

5) Light a few candles | I don't do this as often as I should. I love lighting candles and it provides the best aroma for studying. My favorite are the Christmas cranberry scents, but you can never go wrong with anything vanilla.

xoxo,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment