Thursday, April 4, 2013

How to decorate a cubicle?

This is a dilemma I have been facing all week! Monday was the first day of my internship at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) and this week has been such a great experience there! However, I am facing a bit of a problem in decorating my cubicle. Do I go all out in pink, green and navy or do I take a more subtle approach? The only thing I have decided is that it needs some happiness in the space of gray.

Little by little I have bringing in some of the items I currently have on my desk in my room in order to bring some light into my cubicle. (& I forgot to mention, it has my name on it! Psyched to say the least)

Accidentally, maybe not so accidentally, it has turned into a Parisian theme. (Click here for my favorite Paris items and some inspiration, I actually have that picture framed next to my computer already).

So far, I have a Paris calendar hanging above my computer, a picture of the Eiffel Tower next to my computer, a pen holder and some post-it notes. HELP! I don't want to go over board with pictures of my family and friends so I am working on bringing only a few of my favorites in. But, there is just so much space to fill and I don't want it to be too over the top as to stay in the same line as some of the other full-time employees. I am currently thinking an inspirational quote board/collage.....

Here are some of my current inspirations that may not be so practical, but I can adapt:

For the more artsy worker:

This just happens to match my apartment:

 And this is my dream:

So these have a bit more of a modern feel rather than Parisian, but I'm working to find some balance. I'll post next week when it's finished!!

xoxo,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment