Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Recipes to Try: Spinach

Being home for the weekend allowed me to stock up on some healthier options in bulk (my parents always seem to send me with more than I come home with, not that I am complaining). So here I am in my apartment trying to figure out what to do with two bags of spinach before it goes bad. & yes, I have already froze a lot, not that I know what to do with it then. But, here are some of the recipes I have tried today!!


Spinach Smoothie
Handfull of spinach
Half an apple
Tablespoon of peanut butter
Two strawberries
Vanilla yogurt
Dash of chocolate sauce
Water
Directions: Blend together with ice

Spinach Salad
Spinach
Iceberg lettuce
Walnuts
Strawberries
Goat cheese
Raspberry walnut dressing
Directions: toss and enjoy!

Sautéed Spinach with Pasta
Spinach
Olive Oil
Garlic
Salt and pepper for seasoning
Pasta
Directions: heat olive oil and garlic together, add spinach and cook for three minutes or until wilted, mix in with the pasta of your choice

So it looks like I'll be on a heavy spinach diet for this week. Hopefully I can find more recipes to add some variety! Enjoy

xoxo,
Molly


No comments:

Post a Comment